In this 50-minute podcast special, members of leading international employment law alliance Innangard, of which CM Murray is a founder member, explore and offer insight in to key COVID-19 concerns for employers and employees across multiple jurisdictions.
Chaired by CM Murray Partner Sarah Chilton, and with contributions from Michèle Stutz, MME Legal (Switzerland), Laia Carra Rodés, Augusta Abogados (Spain), Carl-Fredrik Hedenström, Morris Law (Sweden) and Colleen Cleary, CC Solicitors (Ireland), this podcast discusses the following issues:
A. Current position in each country regarding the opening of essential/non-essential services and, specifically, the impact on workers
B. Sick pay
- Government backed/paid sick pay entitlements
- How are governments treating self-isolating and sick employees?
- Provisions for workers caring for others with COVID-19 symptoms
- Self-isolating vulnerable groups – e.g. pregnant employees – are there any additional protections?
- Best practice in each country
C. State support for businesses and employees
- State-funded wages
- Avoiding redundancies
D. Workforce changes due to reduced work, requirements to consult, and collective bargaining issues
- Short time working
- Health and safety issues and protections which have been put in place by each country
To listen and find out more, click on the link here.
We hope you enjoy listening, and stay tuned for future episodes!
More info can be viewed on this site:anchor.fm/innangard/episodes/Coronavirus-global-employment-issues-from-Ireland--Spain--Sweden--Switzerland-and-the-UK-ebskpc